Elior North America
Food Service Coordinator
Elior North America
Food Service Coordinator
Food Service Staff
November 8, 2019
2332 Mt. Harmony Church Rd, Preferred Meals
Matthews, NC, 28104, US
Front of House
Assists Foodservice Manager/Director or Area Manager by leading daily operation on-site at assigned school. Primary responsibilities are to ensure quality food preparation and service to students and efficient record keeping. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and overseeing acceptable levels of food and supply inventories and assuring regulatory compliance in local and federal programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates directly with Foodservice Manager/Director or Area Manager reporting all problems, issues and concerns as well as keeping manager informed of daily operations.
- Directs daily food service staff and operations to ensure a successful program on site at the school.
- Maintain departmental records in an efficient manner, including meal counting, production records, inventory reporting, student accounts and other records as assigned.
- Responsible for compliance in USDA federal guidelines for students and adults as well as local Health Department requirements.
- Order food and paper products to sufficiently cover planned program for students.
- Oversee the checking, inspecting, and storing of incoming food and supplies as well as maintaining inventory levels of all food and supplies.
- Projects meal counts for the days meals and prepares the serving line for service.
- Assists and oversees the preparation and service of meals to students and adults following the planned menu.
- Responsible for all on-site cash handling management as directed by specific account procedures, including accounts receivable and daily deposit preparation.
- Work harmoniously with students and staff.
- Maintain the highest level of sanitation and safety for food preparation and equipment.
- Clean and maintain all work areas each day.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and merchandising themes and programs.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Communication - The ability to write and speak clearly and politely to management, associates, and customers when conveying information, using correct grammar and not using slang terms.
- Certification Requirements – ServSafe or Foodservice Sanitation Manager's Certification.
- Must pass state background check and drug screening when applicable;
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
education AND experience requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Be a Part of Something Meaningful!
Is there anything more rewarding than contributing to the health and well-being of others? At Prepared Meals, we are making a daily impact in the lives of students, seniors, and travelers through highly nutritious meals that meet and exceed USDA guidelines. Through a high quality component meal system, we provide schools, airlines, health care providers and more with a well-balanced menu of fresh and frozen foods, while helping them minimize waste and maximize their dollars. We reward our team members for their valuable contributions through competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), flex spending accounts, and an Employee Assistance Program—all in an environment that encourages personal and professional growth and rewards innovative thought. As part of the Elior North America family of companies we are small enough to care, big enough to make a difference! To be a part of something meaningful at Prepared Meals, submit your resume.
INTERESTED EMPLOYEES SHOULD COMPLETE AN “INTERNAL POSTING APPLICATION FORM“ (copies may be obtained from manager). FORMS SHOULD INCLUDE A COPY OF A CURRENT RESUME OUTLINING COMPLETE WORK HISTORY.
COMPLETED FORMS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO YOUR MANAGER.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer