CentralReach is a leading provider of EHR and practice management solutions that enable applied behavioral analysis (ABA) clinicians and educators to produce superior outcomes for people with autism and related disorders. Powered by its acquisition of Chartlytics, the company is revolutionizing the ABA space with cutting-edge solutions including precision teaching, clinical data collection, scheduling, billing, and learning management. Trusted by more than 75,000 clinicians and educators, CentralReach is committed to ongoing product improvement, market-leading industry expertise, world-class client satisfaction and support of the ABA community to propel industry practitioners into a new era of excellence.
We are looking for a motivated IT professional to join our team! Reporting to our Director of Engineering Operations, you will manage critical IT software, hardware, & networking systems; provide first class end user support; and own the end-to-end implementation of IT policies.
If you have a passion for technology, enjoy and thrive in an fast-moving and ever-changing startup environment, welcome and take on technical challenges of all shapes and sizes, have excellent interpersonal skill and sense of humor and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
This role is based in our Matawan, NJ office. Local candidates only please.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, administration, and support of local and remote network and server infrastructure
- Maintain and configure network equipment and all hardware/software to meet security requirements
- Provide technical support for employees and act as a partner to help business meet its objectives
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Support security and compliance initiatives and standards (encryption, av, firewall, backup, access) on all end-user systems
- Administration of IT and servers, data and resource backup, software/tools/applications installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Manage & maintain all corporate applications
- Hardware purchasing and asset management
What you'll need:
- 5+ years professional experience building and maintaining corporate IT systems
- Understanding and experience with Enterprise Network and Windows Infrastructure
- Understanding and experience with client (Windows & Mac) and mobile device management.
- Have strong knowledge of G Suite, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), productivity software, video conferencing solutions, and more
- Experience with automation and integrations with vendors & HRIS systems
- Ability to lead and build positive business relationships, and influence collaboratively across IT and the business
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Proven ability to work in an ever-changing environment, ability to connect the dots and make decisions on your own feet
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Be comfortable working in a distributed, semi-virtual environment
CentralReach was developed for Clinicians by Clinicians. The story of CentralReach begins at an ABA clinic based out of Pompano Beach, Florida. The company’s founder, a practicing Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, was drowning in manual management of her clinic from scheduling staff and filing claims to reporting on clinical data. She decided that there had to be a better way to manage her operations so she could spend more time on what mattered most — working with her clients and patients. To help ABA practices focus on what they do best, CentralReach launched the first iteration of its EHR and practice management platform in 2012.
Today, under the leadership of Chris Sullens, an award-winning CEO in the technology space, CentralReach is committed to their mission of providing cutting-edge technology and services to help clinicians and educators produce superior client and patient outcomes. Already a market leader, CentralReach is expected to grow exponentially through its four core tenets: hire and develop great people; build industry-leading products; provide exceptional service to customers and continuously invest in systems, processes and infrastructure.
We value our employees and offer a robust benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage and a 401(k) matching. We also provide comprehensive onboarding, ongoing training, mentoring and career pathing to help you develop your career. We pride ourselves on our fun and energetic environment that also provides our employees with a meaningful way to make a difference by helping clinicians produce superior outcomes for children and adults with disabilities.