Matador Ranch is looking for an Operations Specialist & Hunting Associate to assist with a variety of tasks associated with cattle feeding, equipment and general maintenance. This role will also have some responsibilities working with the Ranches guided hunts.
Matador Ranch lies primarily on the Rolling Plains of West Texas, although the western edge touches the Caprock (or High Plains) escarpment. Matador Ranch is a 130,000-acre working cattle ranch that supports about 3,700 head of commercial cattle annually, along with Quarter Horses. Matador Ranch has been known for its quality Hereford cattle for many years. Today, we breed Hereford and Angus mix Black Baldy cows, which are paired with Charolais cattle to produce that much sought-after “smoky“ Charolais cross. A long-term focus is applied to preserving and protecting the land at Matador Ranch. Our many land stewardship efforts include improving the grazing system. We've developed several miles of pipeline to move water where it is needed, implemented rotation grazing, and established strategic fencing practices. We also conduct prescribed burns to eliminate invasive plant species. The success of our stewardship practices has been recognized by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department's Lone Star Land Steward Award.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive/self-driven work habits
- Demonstrated ability to make process improvements
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (written & verbally) to others
- Strong focus on safety
A day in the life might look like:
- Assisting with Ranch Maintenance (plumbing, welding, construction, mowing).
- Assist with Cattle work and/or feeding of livestock (cattle branding, weaning, etc. )
- Assist with the Hunting operation (Filling feeders, checking game camera's, guiding)
- Variety of tasks (manual labor) on the ranch as assigned
- 3+ years working in a manual labor position (i.e mechanic, construction, maintenance)
- Currently possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (Ex: mineral blocks, feed sacks, pipe, etc.)
- Ability to work late and/or on weekends during peak times
- Ability to work in inclement weather (Ex: heat, cold, etc.)
- Ability to climb heights up to 30ft. (Ex: windmill platform)
- Previous experience working on a ranch or with livestock
- Working on electrical or welding components
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf