Registration Specialist/Welcome Center - Lindner Center of HOPE - Revenue Cycle-Full Time
Lindner Center of Hope
Title: Registration Specialist
Location: Lindner Center of HOPE
Department: Revenue Cycle-Registration
Hours: 40 hours/week
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Desk Welcome Center
- Greets new outpatients upon arrival, reviews information for accuracy and updates the patient account to active status, completes check-in within the scheduling system to complete the admission.
- Complete registration and obtains and/or verify all demographic and insurance information making updates or corrections in the patient account system as appropriate. .
- Collects co-pay, deductible or other out-of-pocket liability and receipts the patient.
- Reviews any outstanding balances with patients at check in and provides a patient statement upon request.
- Attempts to collect on past due balances or refer the patient to the billing department or financial counselor to make arrangements to settle bill.
- Counts and balances cash drawers/boxes daily.
- Clearly documents all activity on the patients account in the patient accounting system.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes as appropriate.
- High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in hospital patient accounting, registration, insurance verification and/or scheduling. Experience working in mental health setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of third party payer benefits preferred.
- Medical Terminology coursework or knowledge required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, frequently changing environment with minimal supervision.