Providence is calling Patient Services Representative (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to the Marysville Clinic at Providence Medical Group in Marysville, WA. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible to all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with benefits. Clinic hours are 7am to 7pm.
We are seeking a Patient Service Representative to provide effective and efficient front office services to patients; coordinate internal and external clinical phone communications among staff, patients, and providers; accurately collect records and ensure distribution to appropriate staff via computer and/or manual systems; perform clerical, scheduling, and records activities in support of patients and staff.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Greet, check-in and verify patient's information and co-pay in a friendly and courteous manner in person and on the phone; direct flow of patients and calls.
- Collect and verify accurate and complete demographic information from patient or family member; Accurately enter all data into the information system and update established patient files as necessary.
- Oversee the processing of all clerical records and information for clinic patients including cashiering, encounter forms, patient charts and refer to billing when appropriate.
- Ensure required authorizations are present on all patient documents.
- Ensure management of patient charts including chart organization, pick-up and delivery to needed locations, repair or preparation on new charts, prepare new patient files, may help with purging of inactive charts and release of chart information; Pull patient files for the next day.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED or equivalent education/experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Clerical experience in a medical facility
- Knowledge of medical terminology and billing codes
- Customer service experience
- Ability to use different computer programs
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Snohomish County in more than 10 locations in scenic northwest Washington. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient â one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.