Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Would you like to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization? Sea Mar is hiring three (3) On-call Medical Assistants for their Marysville Medical Clinic. Ideal candidates will have proven excellent customer services skills, demonstrate an enthusiastic & professional demeanor, and excel at multi-tasking. Medical Assistants are an integral part of the care team; ensuring patient flow and providing quality patient care in a safe and timely manner.
- Following protocol in rooming and exiting patients
- Complete all provider referrals for each patient
- Administer injections and distribute oral medications under physicians’ order; perform venipuncture
- Assist the medical provider with charting office visits; ensuring communication and documentation for comprehensive patient care coordination
- The MA may have other duties assigned such as performing QI audits, participation in organizational committees, and providing shadowing opportunities for new staff
Education and/or Requirements:
- Must have a Washington State MA-Certificate or possess an MA-Interim License and pass the exam within the 90-day probationary period
- Possess and maintain a CPR certification
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Dulce Struthers, Nurse Manager at DulceStruthers@seamarchc.org.
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 08/01/2019
External candidates considered after 08/06/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).