Senior Analytical Chemist
The Senior Analytical Chemist position will report into the Director of Analytical R&D. The successful candidate will serve as a key functional core team member and will support or may serve in a lead role, and will be required to perform characterization work utilizing multiple analytical techniques, including proficiency with some of the following instrumentation…
- Lighthouse Headspace
- Alpha & Gamma Spec
- UV Vis
- Use analytical techniques to support R&D projects, customer complaint investigations, and analytical support for the Quality & Regulatory organizations. Types of samples expected are liquids, gases, and solids of radioactive and non-radioactive materials.
- This role has responsibility for adding additional key analytical techniques to their expertise that provide back-up capability for the R&D organization.
- Assist with method development and validation, as well as compendium assessments and verifications.
- Support new product development and life cycle management of existing products as needed.
- Achievement of a PhD, Master Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience, or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience required.
- Radiopharmaceutical experience and pharmaceutical development (small / large / biological) experience highly preferred.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is highly preferred with a strong familiarity with cGMP, FDA, USP, NRC, and ICH guidelines.
- Behavioral requirements for success in this position include: self-starter, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to successfully support and potentially manage multiple analytical projects and contribute to team based investigations.
- Standard office environment, coupled with approximately 80% time in radiopharmaceutical manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in a team based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.