About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The St. Louis BattleHawks are seeking a Business Operations Specialist in support of the Director, Business Operations and leadership team, with the objective of establishing and maintaining efficient and effective internal administration of overall business operations and special projects.
In this role, you will be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities including developing, codifying and driving compliance with standard operating policies and procedures, conducting research and liaising with People & Culture for employee onboarding and managing the office of 20+ employees and administrative support for the Team President and senior leadership team.
The Business Operations Specialist will report into the Director, Business Operations and work closely with all of the BattleHawks' Fan Engagement office departments.
What you will do
- Provide full administrative support to the Director, Business Operations and Team President.
- General administrative duties, including handling incoming calls, scheduling meetings and booking travel.
- Transcribe and distribute weekly team meeting notes.
- Manage departmental expenses, including invoice processing, expense reports and budget tracking.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence in a professional and courteous manner, always keeping involved parties updated.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for meetings, including agendas and presentations.
- Maintain physical office, including aesthetics, supplies and general organization.
- Interact with colleagues and visitors in a timely and courteous manner.
- Organize office-wide parties and events.
- Maintain a general awareness of the XFL business and activities.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments and outside organizations.
- Manage gameday staffing payroll, transportation, onboarding, etc.
- Manage internal ticket requests for staff, VIPs, partners, etc.
- Primary interface with League Administrative Operations staff for matters involving HR, Finance, IT and Procurement.
- Primary interface with office/building management.
- Work/support gamedays and special events.
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director, Business Operations and/or Team President.
What you will bring
- 3+ years of previous experience supporting senior-level executives and business operations functions.
- Can-do, flexible attitude and demeanor with good level of business and common sense, and the ability to think on your feet and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and poised in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressure environment.
- Self-confident, energetic, upbeat, proactive, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent organizational, project management, problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong skills in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed with 24/7 on-call availability.
- Ability and commitment to maintaining confidentiality in business and personal matters.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports and football.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agency and client organizations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Superior verbal/written communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization.