Why join the Contra Costa Health Services Department?
The Health Services Department is seeking to fill a vacancy in the Computer Operations Analyst classification. Incumbents in this class act as liaison between the Operations and Programming Sections of a County Computer Information Processing Center. Computer Operations Analysts are responsible for reviewing production problems from both operations and programming viewpoints and making appropriate recommendations.
We are a 24/7 facility that houses the Data Center for the hospitals and clinics of Contra Costa County. We load, monitor, and transfer various types of data internally and externally using many different applications.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Detail oriented- You are focused on the details of work content and consistently demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Customer focused- Your role will require you to be responsive and proactive when addressing customer needs
- Organized & adaptable- You will need to balance multiple assignments and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable- You are a team player and act collaboratively using good research and analytical skills
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Communicating technical information in an understandable way to outside vendors and system users
- Conducting research and analysis of information processing, operating procedures and production problems
- Monitoring the successful completion of batch jobs, job streams and daily back-up procedures
A few reasons you might love this job:
- You will be challenged daily in an ever-changing, fast-paced work environment
- You will work in a field that is your professional and personal passion
- You will work with many different teams within the Health Services department
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- You will work in a large, diverse county with varying needs
- You will be expected to work independently and represent the County while servicing various customers
- You will experience continuous change and help to improve processes
Professional & Technical Expertise- Applying technical subject matter to the job
Using Technology- Working with electronic hardware and software applications
Building & Maintaining Relationships- Establishing rapport and maintaining mutually productive relationships
Oral Communication- Engaging effectively in dialog
Written Communication- Communicating effectively in writing
Attention to Detail- Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
Customer Focus- Attending to the needs and expectations of customers
Delivering Results- Meeting organizational goals and customer expectations and making decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks
Business Process Analysis- Defining, assessing, and improving operational processes and workflow
Project Management- Ensuring that projects are on-time, on-budget, and achieve their objectives
Analyzing & Interpreting Data- Drawing meaning and conclusions from quantitative or qualitative data
- Experience in data transfer environment
- Service Desk experience
The eligible list from this recruitment will remain active for 6 months
Bargaining Unit: Local 21- Non-Supervisory Management
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, GED equivalency, or high school proficiency certificate supplemented by twelve college semester units or fifteen college quarter units in information processing, computer operations, and/or computer science related classes or equivalent vocational training.
Experience: Two (2) years of full-time or its equivalent experience as a computer console operator in a telecommunications environment.
- Application Filing and Evaluation: Applications will be evaluated based on the minimum qualifications to determine which candidates will move forward in the next phase of the recruitment process.
- Structured Oral Board Interview Conducted by Human Resources: The most qualified candidates will be invited to a structured interview tentatively scheduled for the week of February 27, 2020.
- Final Selection Interviews Conducted by Health Services Dept.: Tentatively scheduled for the week of March 9, 2020.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.