Customer Service Technician I
Summary:INTERNAL POSTING:3/24 TO 4/2
Installs, operates, maintains and repairs communications equipment such as digital and analog carrier and switching systems, private line and special service services circuits,
microwave, video, HICAP, radio, toll and associated equipment, trunking equipment, fiber optics systems, alarm systems, test equipment, etc.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with minimum supervision and follow written and oral instructions.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Employee's current performance appraisal must indicate at least a “Satisfactory” overall rating. In addition, the employee must not be rated “Unsatisfactory“ in any of the following performance factors: Quality of Work, Quantity of Work, Job Knowledge and Skill, Job Related Contacts or Judgment.
- Attendance and punctuality must meet Company expectations.
- Must write legibly, have ability to maintain neat and accurate records.
- Effectively converse and deal with the public and telephone company employees in a business-like manner.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and a safe driving record. Must meet requirements of Frontier policies concerning operation of Company vehicles and the road test.
- Must be available to work tours as scheduled including Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and for call-out during non-scheduled hours, and overtime as required.
- Must be willing and ready to work in any assigned location and to attend schools for training as determined by the Company.
- It must be determined that the person selected will be capable of learning all facets of the job after receiving standard training.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. For example: lifting, climbing (poles, ladders, or equipment superstructure), distinguishing colors or working alone outside or in an isolated or confined areas.
- Must have aptitude, desire and ability to work with tools, electrical circuits, test equipment and to do technical work as demonstrated by previous training or experience, performance on present job, testing, or a combination of these.
- Must have made an acceptable grade in Basic Electricity or other prerequisite courses as determined by the company.
- Previous experience as a Cable Splicer, Installer-Repairperson, Switchperson, and/or Equipment Installer is desirable.