Requisition Number: WAREH01174
Out of work and looking to make a difference? As our team works diligently to continue to supply items that are critical to the production of food, we could use your help!
Nelson-Jameson, Inc. is working to build a pool of qualified, temporary employees who are willing to help out on an as-needed basis.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Warehouse duties as required to operate an effective, safe and efficient facility.
REGULAR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Help unloading and loading of trucks.
- Accurately receive purchase orders.
- Accurately use put-a-way process.
- Print order transfers and pick lists.
- Assist with inventory and cycle counts.
- Accurately pick and prepare products for outgoing shipments.
- Accurately pack orders to be shipped to customers.
- Assist in keeping facility clean and orderly, including sweeping and dusting.
- Other duties as assigned.
BASIC WORK WEEK:
Hours: Temporary; as-needed Overtime? If Needed
1st Shift ─ M-F regularly, others possible 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. depending on need.
2nd Shift ─ M-F regularly, others possible: 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. depending on need.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Warehouse and shipping experience or equivalent preferred.
- shipping equipment
- battery charger
- floor scrubber
- pallet jacks
- hazmat equipment
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards. Completes work in timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
- Job Knowledge - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Work Disposition - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Dependability - Follows instructions. Responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 56#, occasionally lift and/or move more than 75#, and infrequently push/pull greater than 115#. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving equipment, dust particles, ladders, hazardous chemicals and slight risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The working surface is concrete.
The above is an overview of the position described and is not intended to be all inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Responsibility and Duty satisfactorily. The qualifications including physical demands listed, are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.