JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for the development and administration of a good, quality loan portfolio consisting of consumer, real estate loans, and commercial loans. The officer will be responsible for assisting in analyzing, reviewing and collecting all types of credits.
Loan Officer Responsibilities
1) Primarily responsible for making and collecting loans that are assigned to them as a collection officer:
a) Understand the 5 C's of lending
b) Understand application process
c) Review credit, income, financial statement data, and employment status
d) Understand all compliance aspects of lending - HMDA, RESPA, Fair Lending, Reg B, Reg O, Flood Determination, Reg Z, CRA
e) Understand all types of SBA and USDA (guaranteed) loan programs
f) Refer fixed-rate loans (FHA, conventional, and First-Time Home Buyer programs) to secondary market mortgage department
2) Collect all types of past due loans via phone calls, letters, and meet all compliance guidelines:
a) Handle foreclosures and repossessions
b) Understand and oversee the liquidation process of collateral
3) Review and understand all parts of the lending policy and procedural manual
4) Understand the lien perfection process on all types of collateral
5) Have the ability to complete cash flow analysis (traditional and UCA):
a) Be able to utilize and understand the Bank's spreading software
b) Follow up on loan documentation exceptions, review loan files to be sure proper documentation has been completed and follow up that required stipulations in the loan agreement are being kept such as insurance on collateral is in force, loan covenants are being adhered to, etc.
6) Understand all compliance aspects of banking - BSA, Privacy, OFAC, Security, Reg CC, Reg DD, Reg E, Patriot Act
7) Be a community banker by being involved in community development and various
8) Lead the business development efforts in Marshall by being prepared to call on existing customers and prospective customers
9) Assist in annual loan reviews on large credits
10) Give prompt, courteous attention to all customers to meet their financial needs
11) Support a sales culture in and throughout the bank and continue to develop personal
12) Promote the insurance and securities divisions of our organization
13) Follow dual control requirements and obtain supervisory approval when appropriate
14) Follow all security and audit guidelines
15) Display a professional appearance and handle all customer situations in a professional
16) Assist tellers with questions regarding accounts and handling of customer as needed
17) Work with loan processors on loan documentation issues as needed
- Be an effective leader by demonstrating characteristics that are consistent with our vision, mission and core values.
- Lead Marshall lending efforts and loan officers to build the FSCB presence in the Marshall/Saline County market.
- Coach and develop staff members for success.
- Effectively communicate the organization and individual goals and objectives to staff members. Oversee the staff members are working diligently to meet those goals and objectives