Patient Account Rep, Central Billing Office, 1.0 Days
Coordinates all financial aspects of the patients hospitalization and/or office visits.
Interprets and explains to patients and their families charges, services and hospital policy regarding payment of bills.
Bills third parties in accordance with standard procedures.
Accurately maintains departmental records, reports, and files.
Provides information to patients/families in a manner that considers safety, comfort, privacy and therapeutic environment.
Maintains a strict sense of accountability.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year related experience required
- 3 years in hospital/ physician setting preferred
- Formal training in CPT and/ or ICD10 coding preferred