UP Health System puts the patient experience at the heart of everything we do. This includes not only providing the highest quality of patient care, but offering exemplary customer service by creating an environment that puts our patients at ease. We accomplish this by embodying a culture that is centered on our patients while supporting positivity and the growth of our employees both professionally and personally.
Electrocardiographers play a vital role in the spectrum of patient care at UPHS. You will be relied on to deliver exemplary diagnostic care by administering and monitoring electrocardiographic procedures, holters, stress tests, arrhythmia monitors, and signal average procedures while explaining these procedures to patients and students. Patients will count on you to safely receive and deliver results in a timely fashion. It will also be important for you to maintain a high level of knowledge in the field, successful candidates will be excited to stay at the forefront of the field.
Acting in an orderly and clean fashion is a top priority for Electrocardiographers in order to ensure that patients are receiving accurate and efficient service. There will be times when you may be called upon to instruct students or new hires in the appropriate and compliant use of your equipment, so having a personality that enjoys working in a team is a key quality. Applicants will find the dynamic settings offered by a position in Cardiographic Services to be exciting and unique each day.
- Our patients and the care they receive is our highest priority. An ideal candidate will take pride in putting their best foot forward every day to make sure that the UPHSM team has the patient on the forefront of everything we do.
- Being a people person will be important, the ability to establish a good rapport with patients and colleagues will be important.
- An ideal candidate will be able to adapt quickly to change and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Moderate physical effort may be required including lifting 25 pounds or more, prolonged standing and walking, and manual dexterity.
- We believe in the power of a positive attitude, applicants who are excited to do their best for patients and are willing to learn and grow as part of a team will thrive with us!
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Applicants will have a basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- On the job training will be provided
- 1 year of previous experience in an ECG Department, a Cardiac Non-Invasive Lab, or its equivalent
- Previous education in arrhythmias
- A CPR certification is required
- Certified Cardiographic Technician
Working With Us
- UPHSM is the largest specialty care hospital in the Upper Peninsula and is located in beautiful Marquette, MI just minutes from Lake Superior.
- We believe that attitude is everything, we do our best to make sure that our employees are excited to walk through our doors.
- We are proud to be located in a part of the country where employees can enjoy the solitude of nature or the engagement and culture of a vibrant community.
- Employees enjoy a variety of benefits and perks including an extremely competitive and comprehensive insurance package as well as paid time off accrual beginning on the first day of employment.
- UPHSM knows how important staying healthy is, so we are pleased to offer on and off-site gym discounts as well as incentives for leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Our on-campus cafeteria, the 'North Country Cafe,' offers delicious daily specials in addition to vegetarian and gluten free options. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!