Performs routine and special procedures for the department.
Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation. Enter new data as needed.
Submits ECG's and other examinations to physician for interpretation.
Demonstrates/explains effective and safe use of all equipment used in performance of duties, including cleaning, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
Handles outreach customer services including ECG transmissions, Holters, and Stresses.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) required
- Certified Cardiographic Technician preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year related experience preferred