Manages the daily operations of the assigned department or function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management.
Performs and oversees scheduling, staff development, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations.
Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
Assesses the quality of patient care delivered and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments. May provide patient care when necessary.
Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
*Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Registered Nurse (RN) in State of Michigan required
- Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS-HCP) required
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 years in nursing required
- 7 years managerial experience preferred