Under the supervision of an RN, performs basic patient care activities. Additionally, performs administrative/clerical duties in support of an assigned area.
Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, possibly taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, eating, and ambulation.
Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
Assists with keeping patient rooms and common areas stocked, clean and orderly.
Maintains patient records, charts, and other documentation in legible, accurate, and appropriate format to ensure an accurate record of the patient’s medical treatment.
Performs general support tasks in the following areas: stocking supplies, maintaining the unit environment, and clerical tasks.
Greets patients and visitors. Answers, screens, and routes telephone calls.
Calls codes, pages, and overhead announcements as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s degree preferred
*Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) required
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year in healthcare experience preferred