Purpose and Passion
• Comprehensive Benefits
• Life-Work Integration
• Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life's work.
About This Role:
Leads the team of Quality supervisors/engineers/technicians to support Manufacturing, Supplier Development, New Product Development, and Quality Systems. Directs projects to ensure the manufacture of high-quality product and to facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Proactive contribution to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations etc).
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Translates organizational and department goals into individual objectives.
- Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance
- Monitors departments activities and records to ensure compliance independent action through critical decision making.
- Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
- Directs Quality personnel to support new product development by defining projects focused on new products/process development based on coordination with management, project leaders, & design engineers.
- Implements improvements to Quality Systems and tools by directing personnel to gather data on existing quality tools, identify weaknesses, and research/select new tools based on findings.
- Ensures sustaining support of Quality System and regulatory compliance by individually working quality system issues and by delegating project work for maintaining quality system capability.
- Ability to be front facing for internal, corporate and external audits and inspections
What We're Looking For In You:
- Demonstrated Outstanding Communication and Relationship Building Skills
- BS Degree plus 4-6 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proven leadership experience
- Previous experience with Manufacturing Medical Devices
- Previous experience with New Product Development Projects
- Previous experience with due diligence initiatives
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Requisition ID: 461617