Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it's a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That's what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary strategic partner between Solution Delivery Leaders (SDL)/IT Delivery Management teams, EPMO and IT Senior Leadership.
- Develop a solid working relationship with SD leadership and EPMO peers to assists these teams to remove procedural and process roadblocks that impede the ability to deliver with consistent quality to our business partners.
- Analyze data and situations and present results and recommendations to Senior IT Leadership
- Leverages SME experience, applying advanced knowledge of the unique challenges and obstacles that impact Service Delivery partners' ability to deliver, by assisting SDLs with value add activity including identifying and on boarding talent (Associate and Contractor)
- Champion and support adoption of new process/methodology introduction to the organization (e.g. Agile mindset) including guidance on core ceremonies
- Defines and designs standards, procedures, methods, tools and techniques which set precedents in the fields and are adopted by others. Advocates and influences decisions to ensure processes are standardized across the enterprise to be as common as possible, but different as necessary.
- Sets organizational strategy for portfolio and functional maturity within the EPMO
- Manages complex situations requiring leading edge solutions & practices (Agile, SAFe)
- Recognized as a thought leader in the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office.
- Identifies opportunities for cross functional group participation.
- Exhibits leadership in staff development.
- Creates alliances with and across organizations
- Collaborates with EPMO Partners to provide options, solutions, and recommendations across Solution Delivery Groups (SDGs) leveraging and applying best practices and successes.
- Provides peer review for other EPMO Partners to asses and vet new processes, tools and capabilities
- Leads and mentors EPMO Partner I as needed
- Is an advisor to other EPMO Partners and OCIO leadership
- Draws on a number of EPMO support services and is assisted by more junior EPMO resources when specialist knowledge is required.
- Assists EPMO and OCIO leadership (e.g. Tools and Continuous Improvement Manager, IT Strategy) to shape business critical and strategic KPIs and metrics to monitor the success of Agile delivery and the adoption of tools and methodologies across the organization.
- Assist with establishing/supporting various Centers of Excellence
- Ensures the voice of the customer (SDGs) is represented in matters such as resource allocation, process improvement suggestions, alignment with IT Finance.
- Initiates, leads or supports Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects within the EPMO including, but not limited to, the improvement of key EPMO tools
- Special projects as assigned by EPMO/OCIO Management.
- 15 years of demonstrable experience and having successfully performed in a leader in their area of expertise
- 5 years in a leadership role
- 7+ years Agile Coaching experience with 3+ years practicing/coaching Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) delivery
- International retail/IT exposure desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Business or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or Business desirable.
- Certification as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC 4.5) required, PMI-ACP, CSM, IC Agile (ICE-AC), etc. desirable
- Performed one or more of the following roles: Agile Consultant, Product Owner/Manager, Scrum Master
- Strong knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), and Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) required.
- Understanding of Agile technical best practices and DevOps concepts (CI/CD, TDD) automation tools, coding standards, source control management, build processes, Paas/Iaas (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Strong understanding of Agile metrics for teams and programs
- Deep knowledge of Application Development Lifecycle Management (ADLM) tools, particularly Jira and Confluence required
- Advanced problem solving skills to help SDGs to improve consistency in areas such as forecasting & estimating, improvement of reporting and financial tools and identifying consistent ways of measuring what we do. To ensure success, the EPMO Partner will be able to draw on a number of EPMO Support Services when specialist knowledge is required.
- Strong and influential leader who collaborates naturally with others, using these skills to define and shape agile & operational KPIs and metrics, and the adoption of tools and methodologies across the organization.
- Strong combination of “real world“ management knowledge, financial acumen, analytical methodologies (Six Sigma), risk assessment and management, process improvement frameworks and IT operational best practices.
- Superior collaboration and relationship building skills and has the presence and credibility to act as a trusted advisor. Ability to exchange ideas openly with SDG leadership and EPMO peers and to solve problems in a common way.
- Highly collaborative, strong and influential leader with finely honed problem solving skills. Earns the reputation as a trusted expert.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including superior analytical, relationship building and presentation skills
- Strong written and presentation skills, ability to tailor information to an audience in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding at all levels.
- Displays a high degree of diplomacy, integrity and pragmatism.
- Demonstrable experience defining KPIs, metrics and measures.
- Ability to lead, influence, inspire, motivate within a matrixed environment and without formal authority
- Serves as ardent advocate of the merits of adopting standardized methodologies, but possesses pragmatism and a solid knowledge of specific challenges faced by SDL partners. Strikes the balance between the need for our processes to be as common as possible, but as different as necessary
- Regularly facilitates meetings with and makes presentations to Senior IT Leadership
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA