Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it's a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That's what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Material Handling Engineering Project Manager
- Designs and develops various Distribution Center engineering projects within all divisions of the TJX Companies.
- Oversees all aspects of each assigned engineering project from inception through the final stages of the project, including design, vendor sourcing and selection, and overall project management.
- Designs material handling/storage systems that maximize productivity and space utilization.
- Travels to the Distribution Centers to oversee projects.
- Researches all historical data available, evaluates existing systems to project critical timing sequences, projected construction costs, Distribution Center space needs, systems expansion and subsequent equipment needs.
- Recommends vendors, based on quality of product/proposal and costs.
- Provides extensive guidance to vendors during detailed design process.
- Ensures all material handling equipment installations are performed in a timely manner to minimize disruptions to the Distribution Center or other company operations.
- Attends on-site meetings during installations to ensure projects are progressing within the established timelines.
- Coordinates the work of multiple vendors/contractors during installation process. Investigates “cutting edge“ technologies to evaluate whether or not new concepts are applicable or beneficial to The TJX Companies
- Addresses operational concerns within the Distribution Centers to improve existing systems and procedures to increase productivity and capacity of existing systems and to troubleshoot problems.
- Provides feedback and guidelines to Architects and Project Managers regarding new projects and building upkeep
- Provides extensive knowledge and advice to Maintenance departments within the Distribution Centers. Answers questions regarding equipment problems. Contacts vendors in order to replace/repair equipment in an expedient manner.
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Manages capital projects up to $10 million or more in total cost
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of work methods and material handling equipment
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to travel extensively (50-60% nationwide)
- 6+ years Engineering experience
- Distribution Center/retail experience preferred
- Previous project management experience
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA