Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get - leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
As an Internal Billing Representative, this position will be a remote opportunity responsible for interacting with Optum360/Quest Diagnostics internal teams regularly and at times, representing Optum360/Quest Diagnostics to our clients in a professional manner. This role will streamline, improve and enhance the billing experience for both internal and external customers through education while reducing revenue loss, denials and bad debt for Optum360 and Quest Diagnostics.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved.
- Review and respond to elevated billing issues arriving by email, phone and Salesforce with the focus to reduce missing information, bad debt, non-supported diagnosis/non-covered test write-offs, and third party denials.
- Provide insight and education focused around:
- Medicare Limited Coverage Policy/ABN
- Medicaid requirements/policies
- Regional specific third party requirements/policies
- Ordering provider registration (PECOS)
- Missing demographic/insurance information for ordering physician and patient
- Support Commercial Sales team by explaining/educating on billing processes.
- Act as liaison for customer billing problems as necessary and communicate those to the appropriate person or department for resolution.
- Drive improvement to defined goals.
- Document all significant client interaction in CRM application (Salesforce.com).
- Other duties as assigned including special projects, etc.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years of experience with healthcare medical billing/claims experience
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Word (create/edit/save/send documents)
- Microsoft Excel (create/edit/save/send spreadsheets)
- Microsoft Outlook (create/edit/save/send emails)
- Cell phone and internet connectivity available for work use
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with data – pulling and analyzing information to understand root cause/trends/opportunities
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid coverage policies
- Highly preferred residential locations for this position: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, or New Hampshire
- Strong Written/Verbal Communication skills
- Strong organization/time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and sustain good customer relationships
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
Healthcare isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day: ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9; Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Quest, Diagnostic, billing, representative, Marlborough, MA, Pittsburgh, PA, Providence, RI, Manchester, NH, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately