The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
We have an opening for a Component Engineer for Obsolescence and DMSMS (Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages) in our Marlborough, MA location.
Primary Obsolescence activities will involve the following:
- Proactively planning for, communicating and managing resolution of material shortages due to obsolescence
- Monitoring program systems to identify obsolescence risks
- Investigating potential mitigations for obsolete and near obsolete parts
- Supporting Obsolescence Management Working groups and Integrated Product teams
- Reporting system obsolescence health statistics and maintaining various obsolescence databases
- Financial reporting such as Earned Value Management, workload planning, and support to proposal efforts
In this role youll also be responsible for briefing multiple levels of program leadership to build consensus regarding strategic decisions as well as providing executive level overviews of build limitations and risks.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or a Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 6+ years of engineering experience
- At a Grade G09, 4+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job
- At a Grade G10, 6+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job
- Component knowledge
- US citizenship is required
- Experience in developing obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Experience with data mining solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturers and suppliers
- Qualified 6Sigma specialist
- Background in component engineering, including guiding component selection.
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings.
- Experience in development of technical and cost proposals.
- Experience with program and project tasks, including managing cost and schedule as well as associated reporting.
- Proven multi-disciplinary leadership and technical skills to engage peers, superiors, and subordinates across the various IDS CBTs and IBTs. Working knowledge of, or experience with configuration management processes as part of the product life cycle
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access.
BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics.
This job is posted internally as: Sr. Systems Engineer II / Principal Systems Engineer
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision thats shared by our employees across the globe a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether youre just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Integrated Defense Systems
Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Logistics Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineering
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
U.S. FLSA Classification