- A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Fire Alarm Inspector
The primary function of this role is to perform NFPA-based inspections of fire alarm systems.. Travel to customer sites will be required.
This job requires a high energy level with a focus towards customer development and support, quality work performance, and an understanding of all the necessary NFPA codes that support each fire system. Travel to customer sites will be required.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Perform basic troubleshooting of wet based fire systems, and describe them to owners and service managers for repairs.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of fire alarm systems, including replacing fire alarm components – smoke detectors, pull stations when applicable.
- Perform inspections from man lifts at elevations of 30 to 40 feet from ground level, as necessary.
- Monitor and assure progress and completion of all assigned tasks.
- Complete and submit all work tickets and inspection reports to administrative personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for self-scheduling of daily inspections.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- Perform NFPA 72 based inspections on fire alarm systems, including all components of those systems required.
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on wet, dry, deluge, pre-action, and fire pumps preferred.
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on standpipe systems and fire hydrants preferred.
- Perform NFPA 10 based inspections on fire extinguishers preferred.
- Working knowledge of the operational characteristics of the following Fire Protection Systems required: wet, dry, foam, deluge, pre-action, standpipe, fire hydrants, and fire pumps.
- Individual backflow license and NICET Level II in fire alarm systems are pluses.
- Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues required.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors or articulating lifts.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record required.
- Ability to obtain all required certifications, including NICET.
- Able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Computer Skills: Significant experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.