Technician, Maintenance - Electrical
Req #: JR - 002041
Location: Marion, NC US
Job Category: Maintenance
Date Posted: 12/3/2019 7:45:29 AM
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Shift: 6th (12 hour nights) - Rotating Shift (MT/WR/FSS)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Understand electrical design of the facility, maintain and control power in the facility. The technician will become an expert in electrical feeds for the plant and understand how power is fed throughout the facility and how to troubleshoot problems with the Electrical Distribution Systems, and Electrical Equipment throughout the North Cove Plant. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Medium and High voltage Distribution Systems
- A.C. and D.C. Motor Controls
- Microprocessor and relay based machine controls
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems
- Plant telephone, security surveillance, computer network, and electronic clock systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supports electrical equipment reliability and energy reduction activities through innovative thinking, team membership and completion of assigned projects.
- Expand opportunities to use measurement and predictive tools to assess equipment condition prior to failure.
- Preventative Maintenance generation and or refinement of existing PMs.
- Analyze machine failures for root cause and recommend corrective actions
- Monitor parts spending and reliability trends
- Research and design electrical equipment for the electrical department, engineering, and project leaders as needed
- Proactively manage maintenance jobs and project work
- Installation support – act as lead technician on floor, directing others as well as personally installing various sizes and types of conduit, junction boxes, and other components required for machine and equipment electrical supply circuits.
- Work in the electronic/electrical shop to repair and maintain plant equipment spares
- Escalate issues to the Maintenance Supervision for work which does not appear to be valid, feasible or has cost constraints, or requires engineering design/change control.
- Factory acceptance testing – works with engineer and quality to accept new equip. Willing to travel with overnight stays for factory acceptance and training.
- Documents all maintenance and repairs in Maximo and other required systems per SOP.
- Maintains proficiency in all Corporate Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, National Electrical Codes, EPA, and North Cove Electrical Standards relating to safety, GMP, ISOtrain, maintenance, and electrical installation.
- Responsible for generating orders for equipment, parts, consumables, tooling, raw materials, etc to maintain all systems in good working condition.
- Proficient in MR, CWR, and other equipment related documentation as applicable to the area.
- Will be trained to generate EMRs related to assigned work
- Write job plans and standard work for repairs, troubleshooting, and situation driven response plans.
- May serve as a Subject Matter Expert for maintenance related SOPs, standard work, or training modules.
- Must be a team player, organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize
- Skilled in organizing, overseeing, and successfully monitor processes and projects
- Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with various Administrative Personnel, Supervisors, and outside vendors
- Perform maintenance tasks and other activities in all areas of the plant when required
- Will be required to work in areas that are hot, cold, noisy or dirty in ARC flash or other required PPE
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be willing to work shutdowns, holidays, and other overtime as required
- Will serve as a resource in B-4 mechanic, MIT, and manufacturing operator skill training.
- HS diploma or equivalent required, A.A.S in electrical preferred, other technical skills a plus
- Minimum 4 years electrical distribution experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred
- Must fill out and submit an electrical technician skill level rating sheet to HR.
- Final selection will be based on education, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities which are deemed essential functions of the position.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical systems repair, industrial maintenance or equivalent is required
- Associates degree in a technical related discipline (i.e. Industrial Maintenance)
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills required
- Well organized
- Self-motivated to achieve goals and require little supervision
- Ability to develop a concept from general requirements
- The position requires the ability to individually lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
- Normal visual acuity is necessary including the ability to distinguish colors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, department and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis.
- Due to the nature of this position, the ability to work most holidays, some weekends and plant shut down periods is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.