Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Project Manager – Marine Infrastructure, who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and has a desire to contribute to our clients’ successes. This individual will lead marine infrastructure and waterfront projects and will be based in our Marion, MA location.
- Serve as Project Manager or Technical Lead on variety of waterfront and coastal engineering related projects
- Lead project team throughout the marine infrastructure project life cycle including development of scope of services, cost estimate for services, project plan through design and permitting, bid, construction, and project closeout phases for a wide range of coastal projects
- Ensure the project team, including partner firms and subcontractors, understand and deliver client expectations according to agreed scope, budget, and schedule
- Lead efforts to solve complex technical, financial, scheduling, and regulatory issues, including multi-party negotiation to achieve solutions
- Optimize project schedule and financial performance using Foth project management tools and processes
- Develop and implement risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Maintain positive community perceptions of Foth throughout the project
- Proactively identify opportunities to expand existing client relationships and collaborate with the client team leader to pursue those opportunities
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural/Coastal/Marine or Ocean Engineering
- 10 years of experience in a consulting role on marine infrastructure projects
- 5 or more years as a project manager on marine infrastructure projects
- Professional Engineer License and/or applicable professional registration or certification
- Previous experience with the following:
- Managing scope, budget, and schedule on complex projects involving multiple contractors, partner firms, and internal team members
- Experience with developing construction documents including plans and specifications
- Previous experience with proposal development process and cost estimating of marine infrastructure projects involving $1.0M+ in capital spending by the client
- Previous experience with design, bid, build projects
- Previous experience with project-related community issues
- Technical experience with port/harbor/coastal-related capital projects for public clients
- Representing client with regulators and negotiating/expediting issue resolution
- Knowledge of state and federal grants and loan programs for marine infrastructure projects
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural/Coastal/Marine or Ocean engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical or coastal engineering
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.