Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Engineer for Marine Engineering Services who is looking for new learning experiences and career growth opportunities. The position will be located in our Marion, MA office.
Project Related Responsibilities:
- Serve as project manager on a variety of waterfront and coastal engineering and dredging projects
- Perform coastal conditions calculations and structural analysis to develop/review design drawings for various types of marine infrastructure projects
- Support permitting, planning, engineering, and construction of various coastal shoreline protection and stabilization, marine/waterfront structures, and dredging projects.
- Establish and monitor project budgets, schedules, and deliverables
- Develop construction documents including plans and specifications
- Maintain knowledge of existing and proposed regulations related to marine infrastructure, coastal engineering, and dredging
- Travel as required for field work and/or other client/business objectives
Discipline Related Responsibilities:
- Develop and continuously improve standard work practices for marine engineering
- Support Client Team Leader efforts with new and existing clients to help develop business, create proposals, and cultivate client relationships
- Prepare/review technical approaches and proposals for projects and/or coastal engineering tasks supporting large multi-disciplinary projects
- Lead/support communication efforts with clients from proposal phase to project completion phase as a project team member.
- Make formal and informal presentations to both technical and lay audiences
- Build and facilitate teamwork among members across all disciplines and levels, with a focus on the coastal engineering competency
- Delegate and provide guidance to entry level members to complete project related tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain license within 12 months of start date
- Minimum 10+ years of civil/marine engineering experience in the areas of Marine Infrastructure and Dredging.
- Experience with developing construction documents including plans and specifications
- Experience with project permitting in the New England states; Massachusetts strongly preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.