Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Working under supervision of the Management of the Translational Science Lab (TSL), the Scientist is responsible for performing validations of flow cytometry methods, operation of flow cytometers (BD) and complies with Q2 Solutions procedures and Good Clinical Practices (GCP) requirements, as applicable. Perform research and development experiments for projects and products, in collaboration with others; to exercise some technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals; and to assist in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Projects require some knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories in appropriate technical and/or scientific area(s).
- Contribute to internal scientific reports, documents and communications
- Support the maintenance and operational standards of laboratory equipment
- Develop flow cytometry methods under the guidance of TSL Management for more challenging projects with input from senior scientific staff to support regulated, fit-for-purpose or discovery immunology projects.
- Execute scientific experiments and methods under direct supervision
- Provide project updates/reports of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to project manager, as requested
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to clients
- Maintain laboratory notebooks under GLP compliancy and follow all appropriate laboratory and company SOPs
- Participate in routine sample analysis and method validation experiments
- Make and record observations to facilitate efficient method development and validations.
- Document all project work according to Q2 Solutions processes and procedures.
- Function as a scientific resource, including training, assisting in troubleshooting, and participating in scientific initiatives.
- Utilize laboratory equipment including pipettes, centrifuges, glassware, notebooks, etc.
- Prepare stock and working solutions and QC samples.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies.
- Maintain housekeeping standards for work areas
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree or educational equivalent in cell biology, molecular biology, cancer biology, pharmacology or related field and 2 years' relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledgeable in chemistry, biology and/or immunology.
Highly experienced in all routine laboratory procedures.
Competent in flow cytometry techniques.
Competent in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet design and validations.
Ability to complete documentation per Method Development requirements.
Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
Ability to analyze method development data and make sound conclusions on subsequent steps.
Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of biological samples.
Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions.
Ability to work well with others and independently.
Ability to adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
Ability to think creatively and analytically solving method development challenges.
Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and managers
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1051663
Apply Now Not ready to Apply?
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
- Clinical Research Associate Jobs
- Researcher Jobs
- Jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Clinical Research Associate Jobs Atlanta, Georgia