At WellStar, we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
- The Environmental Services Tech provides a full range of support necessary for regular, terminal, and isolation cleaning. A key part of this role's accountability is to ensure compliance standards are maintained during the cleaning of hospital specialty areas ( i.e. Operating Room Suites, CATH Labs, GI Labs, VARU, Pharmacy Compounding Lab, Vascular, Labor and Delivery Suites, etc.). More general duties include the following; 1) Proper removal, placement and transporting of waste (i.e. Solid, Chemotherapy, Bio-Hazard, Pharmaceutical, & Hot), recyclables, and other regulated materials; 2) Proper use of Ultra Violet Light devices; and 3) Changing out, removal and replacement of containers (Sharps, Pharmacy Waste, Bio-Hazard, & Chemo Therapy). Since this role is extremely visible to all stakeholders, the incumbent must have good customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff members, guests, patients and their families. Individuals will be trained and authorized to handle the proper duties in their assigned areas.
Environmental Services Unit
East Cobb Health Park Place
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- Some experience preferred; none required.
- Please note that this location is not bus line.
Required Minimum Skills
- The ability to speak fluent English must possess the ability to read, write and understand simple instructions in English
- The satisfactory completion of the Departmental Training Program must be accomplished during the first thirty (30) days of employment.