Automotive Service Technician B - Car Care
- In an efficient and productive manner, performs automotive repairs, adjustments and maintenance procedures as outlined on repair order for which Technician is trained. (Performs all Service Technician C duties plus front-end and brake work and similar level activities.)
- Drives vehicles into service bay, prepares them for and completes inspections.
- Test drives vehicles and prepares vehicle for delivery to customer.
- Maintains cleanliness of shop and work areas, performs other duties as necessary.
- ASE certifications (or their equivalent): A1-Engine Repair, A4-Suspension & Steering, A5-Brakes, A7-Heating & Air Conditioning
- State inspection certificate
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High School diploma, GED or Technical school graduate, certification
- Must possess, and maintain, 4 ASE certifications (or their equivalents)
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- 3 to 7 years of experience repairing autos and trucks at dealership or automotive centers that provided knowledge of automotive and/or truck systems, tools and technical resources.
- Knowledge of automotive and/or truck systems, tools and technical resources and training to independently perform a variety of basic to complex repairs and maintenance of automobile and truck vehicles.
- Understand and consistently demonstrate the proper use of equipment and tools used in such repair and maintenance and the need to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Ability to consistently provide exceptional customer service and improve customer service score
- Ability to prioritize and deliver work on time.
- Ability and basic leadership skills to mentor and train lower level Technicians to help them be successful.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.