Die Cast Manager
Maple Lake, MN - Product Tech, 310 Congress Street W, Maple Lake, Minnesota, United States of America Req #1141
Friday, November 8, 2019
Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company-Pace offers careers. Join us in making advanced magnesium die cast parts to be used in medical devices, vehicles, ATVs, power & hand tools, and telecommunication devices.
Direct and manage Die Cast operations and related processes. Provide leadership in improving the productivity and efficiency of the department.
A bachelor's degree in business or related field is preferred, with a minimum education requirement of high school diploma or GED.A minimum of five (5) years management experience is required.Experience in Die Cast processes is preferred.Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be willing to take courses as required by management.Will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities of Die Cast Supervisors and other personnel as required. Assign priorities.
- Keep the Division President informed of problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Be aware of delivery priorities and schedules and adjust schedule as needed when conditions require.
- Monitor Die Cast area for work instructions, proper setup and following of process and housekeeping.
- Assist in coordination of engineering or quality projects.
- Maintain and improve department efficiency.
- Serve as a contributing member of the plant management staff team and support the achievement of company objectives.
- Be supportive and active in developing and maintaining preventive maintenance in Die Cast.
- Responsible for staffing and insuring that proper training is provided to maintain and improve skill level of the associates in your area of responsibility
- Insure a safe work environment is maintained, appropriate safety systems/processes are utilized, and insure compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental related rules and regulations
- Provide a clean and organized work environment through 5-S controls
- Manage and supervise associates in a fair and consistent manner to insure compliance with personnel and company policies, procedures and safety rules and provide appropriate feedback and/or disciplinary measures as needed
- Insure performance evaluations are completed on time and they provide adequate and honest feedback on associates' performance and include goals and/or areas of improvement needed
- Provide growth and development opportunities for associate engagement and satisfaction
- Maintain and comply with all other company and corporate systems and procedures as applicable for your area of responsibility
- Perform other associated duties as needed to continue the productive operation of the company
Who we are and what we do:
Pace Industries is North America's leading full-service die casting manufacturer. Our mission is to provide uncommon, creative die casting and support solutions that contribute to the success of our customers. Our die cast parts are used in automobiles, motorcycles, generators, snow mobiles, lawn mowers, washing machines, power hand tools, BBQ grills, commercial lighting and many other well-known products. You can have a significant impact on our cultural transformation.
Pace Product Tech Division is an integrated magnesium resource for product development from concept to solution. Magnesium can make products lighter, stronger, electronically sound and reduce vibration.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.
- Pay Type Salary