Accounting Operations Specialist - Equipment Finance
Accounting Operations Specialist – Bell Bank Equipment Finance - Maple Grove, MN
This is an in office position.
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Bell Bank was founded in 1966 and headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota. It is the largest family-and employee-owned bank in the upper Midwest, and one of the largest in the nation, with assets of more than $10 billion. Bell Bank has full-service banking locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Arizona. Bell has empowered more than $25 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune.
If you want to work for an established, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you. Let Bell Bank be your destination workplace.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
The Accounting Operations Specialist will assist the team with reviewing equipment finance transaction documents prior to booking in the Lease/Loan operating system. Process activities related to servicing the portfolio of contracts. Perform account reconciliations and other related accounting functions. Provide customer service support.
- Review and process incoming and outgoing payments including checks, ACH, and wire transfers, including those with other bank syndicate partners.
- Perform an audit of transactions for proper classification and accuracy, both simple and more complex, prior to booking in the Lease/Loan operating system.
- Process account reconciliations as needed.
- Process servicing activities, including but not limited to, payment posting, contract terminations, ACH setup, amortization schedules etc.
- Provide customer support through the Equipment Finance email inbox and customer service phone line.
- Assist with updating departmental procedures.
- Calculate payoffs for loans.
- Conduct business that upholds a high level of ethical standard.
- Know by name and face as many customers and employees as possible, calling them by name as often as possible.
- Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom line.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in equipment finance.
- Lease accounting experience preferred.
- Professional written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer technology.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
This is an in office position, with no potential for fully remote work.
Bell Bank provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer