Requisition Number: SOFTW01217
CivicPlus is an informal, social workplace where enthusiasm and talent are rewarded. We are looking for an experienced professional with a technical background. This is a fun, high-energy position that is at the forefront of CivicPlus’ success!
CivicPlus is THE integrated technology platform for local government, working with over 4,000 local governments including municipalities, counties, and municipal departments. Inc. Magazine has selected CivicPlus as “One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.” since 2011.
Due to all our recent product suite additions and more anticipated growth in the future, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
We offer you....
- The chance to work with some of the best colleagues and most creative minds in the world
- Competitive pay and benefits
- The ability to leave a legacy used by millions of American and Canadian citizens
- The potential to work in an environment that is dedicated to teamwork, collaboration, and innovation.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing software solutions for the company’s products. This position is also required to provide maintenance and support to existing code following company’s standards and best code practices. The Software Engineer II, with little help, will be able to abstract requirements to innovate solutions to enhance our products within our environment.
What we will expect you to do....
- Abstract requirements to analyze and design innovative new software solutions for enhancement of the company’s products.
- Read, understand, debug code to find and solve current software problems and resolve defects
- Deliver unit-tested solutions, ideally via Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Read, understand, debug products code to find and solve current software problems
- Understand the team’s deployment pipelines and processes
- Test software solutions appropriately before deliver to testing team.
- Learn to mentor other software engineers
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned
What you will likely need to succeed...
- At least 1.5 years of experience with PHP, MySQL, Laravel or equivalent
- Some knowledge of React JS (preferred) or other front-end development ecosystem
- Writing unit tests and testable code
- At least a good understanding of SOLID design principles
- Knowledge of source code control tools and techniques
- At least 1.5 years of experience with source code control tools and techniques
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or 3.5yrs of relevant experience
CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients and communities we serve.