Covetrus – Manhattan, KS
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We're bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
Our Manhattan, KS location is seeking a Purchasing Specialist. The Purchasing Specialist will form an integral part of the Supply Chain function in the achievement of objectives related to purchasing, inventory management, vendor management and cost savings. The successful candidate will support the planning, scheduling, procurement of materials and services from vendors. The position will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations to our Supply Chain Manager for continual process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree or related work experience.
- 2 – 3 years of experience; with experience in animal health, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing
- industries preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in: Advanced Excel, Internet, MS Office, etc.
- Knowledge of veterinary products & services preferred.
- Working with vendors to procure desired products as required by production schedules and demand plan
- Comparing prices and availability from multiple vendors and assessing the best vendor to work with
- Support the implementation of new products and the maintenance of existing products through online
- channels and backend support systems
- Ability to work with operating areas to review standards, processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Analyze data to identify trends and develop solutions
- Performs ongoing research into variety of purchasing-related areas, including competitor products and pricing and customer patterns and trends.
- Interact with other teams to develop new product services, programs and offers
- Assists development and implements product related strategies, specifications, profitability analyses and revenue projections, coordinating with engineering, customer service, sales, finance and other areas as necessary.
This full-time position provides:
- Medical, dental, vision, and other insurance options
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Progressive Flexible Time Off (FTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities and more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.