Requisition Number: SUSTA01932
We are seeking a Sustainability Project Manager to join our industry-leading Environmental Impact group to transform the built environment in support of a low-carbon, healthy resilient future
Company and Department Description
Jonathan Rose Companies (“JRCo”) is a leading developer, investor and one of the larger owners of green, affordable and mixed-income housing in the U.S. JRCo is a fully integrated real estate company with in-house acquisitions, development, asset management, construction management, and property management. JRCo is a SEC-registered investment advisor with 15 years of fund management experience and more than $3 billion of assets under management. The firm has long been a thought leader in the field, advancing affordable environmental solutions, and integrating health, education and social services into its communities.
The Environmental Impact department strategy is designed to deliver social and environmental impact as well as competitive, risk-adjusted market returns in our asset class. We buy and build affordable and mixed-income housing and connect each property with health, education, cultural, and social services so that residents can become empowered partners in their communities, improving economic and social outcomes. We also invest in the energy efficiency, water conservation, and resilience of our buildings to lessen our demand for natural resources, in turn mitigating climate change, reducing our operating costs, and improving the health and safety of our residents. These strategies provide economic resilience and add value to our properties, strengthening our financial returns and allowing us to ultimately deploy more capital to achieve even deeper impact.
The Sustainability Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing green retrofits across a number of projects. Responsibilities will include procuring consulting services, evaluating energy audits and assessments, developing scope, coordinating work, securing grants, rebates, and incentives, and obtaining green certifications in collaboration with staff, consultants, and contractors assigned to retrofit projects. Works closely with the Director of Environmental Impact to ensure that all work remains on schedule, achieves desired goals and certifications, cost targets, and savings projections.
- Oversee multiple green retrofit projects across nationwide portfolio.
- Coordinate with acquisition and construction on property diligence and sustainability assessments, participate in scope and budget development, select and manage sustainability consultants, and oversee certification process start to finish.
- Identify, develop, compile, and organize submittals and documentation required for certification and ongoing green operations.
- Develop new policies, protocols, or documentation as needed.
- Track action items from meetings and events which may include following up directly, or insuring the follow up of others, compiling or exchanging information and contacts, tracking issues, and providing other assistance.
- Assist Director of Environmental Impact in assembling best practices, lessons learned, standard specifications and materials, and project costs, and conducting measurement & verification to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Research and provide recommendations on new technologies, materials, and practices that support best-in-class environmental impact in the real estate sector.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Science, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in the energy/environmental consulting, construction project management, or real estate industry.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Green Communities Certification and/or other green certification criteria such as LEED, Fitwel, WELL, Living Building Challenge preferred
- Familiarity with utility incentives and rebate programs preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing and managing time to meet project schedules and deadlines, and ability to balance multiple demanding priorities.
- Desire to constantly build upon existing knowledge to empower design, construction, property teams, and vendors to meet desired project goals.
- Advanced written and oral communications skills with demonstrated ability to educate groups about new ideas and concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Office is required, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 25% of the time.
Rose Companies Benefits:
At Rose Companies our goal is to provide an affordable and comprehensive benefits package that provides security for you and your family and supports your overall wellbeing. Benefits offered include, but are not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401K with company match, a competitive paid time off policy, 11 paid holidays, parental bonding leave and educational assistance.
Rose Companies is committed in policy and practice to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees, based upon their training, experience, and overall qualifications. Consistent with this commitment, discrimination against an applicant or employee based upon the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other condition or characteristic protected by law is strictly prohibited.