Shopping is a great way to work up
an appetite, and Food@Macy’s offers exciting jobs and great opportunities in an
area that’s changing the way people experience our stores. The secret to
our success is our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so whether
you want to join the prep team or manage one of our restaurants, there’s a
great job waiting for you.
The Lead Barista supports the
Starbucks Manager in running an efficient, professional, safe and profitable
Starbucks operation following all company standards. Perform other duties as
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that
allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by
managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our
associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Completes Starbucks Advance Store Training (AST)Certification.Exemplifies Barista promise to produce and deliver handcrafted beverages andfood, demonstrating Starbucks service standards.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of dripcoffee, cold beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations.
- Understands company health and safety best practiceswhile following Starbucks clean, safe and ready standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Starbucks ServiceSteps and Magic Selling providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Upholds quality standards and actively coaches othersto deliver high-quality handcrafted coffee beverages and food products.
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriatechecklist, verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving thearea.
- Maintains PAR stock levels and follows Starbucksmerchandising, signing and product presentation standards.
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items.
- Coaches to achieve desired barista performance.Identify and use additional resources to measure how your store isdelivering the customer experience, following Food Division standards andBest Practices.
- Role-model the Customer Service behaviors ofAnticipate, Connect, Personalize and Own with customers.
- Assist in accountability for sales, expenses andbottom-line profits.
- Monitor food quality using Starbucks checklists.
- Builds strong working relationships with their team andsupervisor, willing to help other associates and contributes to a fun andproductive work environment.
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, andstaff motivation to all associates to maximize team performance andsatisfaction.
- Clean, calibrate and perform routine maintenancestore’s equipment using the Store Cleanliness and EquipmentMaintenance Manual.
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly foodcost and payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals aremet.
- Assist in ordering food, beverage, dry and paper goodsbased budget and needs of the business.
- Ensure that baristas are accurately receiving productsand following Best Practices.
- Assist with food inventories following Inventory BestPractices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis toensure targeted food and beverage costs are maintained.
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professionalappearance and communications.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- One year of previous restaurant/hospitality andprevious shift supervisory experience is required.
- Health department license or certification and/oralcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler's certificate may be required for foodservice employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffeebars or any other food service establishment prior to starting employmentin a food operation at Macy’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructionaldocuments such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but notrequired.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetaryunits.
- Must be able to work independently with minimalsupervision.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing,hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, orcrouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception,and focus adjustment.
- Strong leadership profile and must possess excellentcustomer service skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Has planning and organizational skills.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retailhours, which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays based ondepartment/store/company needs.
- This position is required to use potentially hazardousequipment, such as coffee and espresso makers.
- Reasonable accommodations have been made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work generally occurs in an office environment withmoderate temperature and noise level.
job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the
right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent withSFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.