Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord
• Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
This role will serve as the beauty expert representing a specific Cosmetics or Fragrance brand. The Beauty Ambassador will provide service by listening to each client and giving them advice on skin care, makeup and fragrances they can trust. Offer recommendations of products from their assigned brand and any brand that is a best fit for each client's individual needs and requests. Beauty Ambassadors are required to increase the number of new customers in Cosmetics and Fragrances that are shopping assigned brand and all brands the customer is interested in. Build and maintain strong relationships with all cosmetics associates and other store associates to develop new clients. Participate in total store and cosmetics department outreach programs and events to increase new customer acquisitions and develop new clientele. Collaborate with the Cosmetics Sales Manager, Beauty Ambassador Manager and Beauty Operations Supervisor to identify opportunities to achieve sales goals through events and promotions.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high-level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills.
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative.
You Also Have:
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrates interest in trends in total beauty world; including skincare, makeup and fragrances
- 1-2 years minimum in sales or customer service related field
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology
- Goal oriented
- Team oriented
As the Beauty Ambassador, You Will:
- Productivity Expectations
- Achieve 100% of sales target
- Achieve productivity goal
- Achieve IPT goal
- Achieve TPH/DPT goal
- Emulate HBC Core Values and Winning Ways of surprising and delighting the customer beyond expectation
- Provide beauty and skin care consultations
- Listen and give the client advice he/she wants and needs
- Sell with integrity
- Portray a positive and professional demeanor
- Possess product knowledge and a passion for working with people
- Client Development
- Develop and add new clients to the Client file system each week
- Contact existing customers for follow up each week
- Event Execution
- Develop in – store event activities
- Develop outreach activities specific to Cosmetics and Fragrances each season
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager, Beauty Guide Managers, and Beauty Guides to identify opportunities to grow the Cosmetics and Fragrances business through upcoming events on specific brands
- Be flexible to support the changing requirements of the events scheduled
- New Credit Accounts, Email Capture, Auto Locate
- Open new credit accounts to weekly standard
- Capture customer email addresses to weekly standard
- Complete Auto Locate transactions to weekly standard
- Additional responsibilities as required
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.