This position reports to either the support team lead or professional services team lead. This will be a shared internship between our Member Support and Professional Services division and is an entry level role working with our Accounting and Business Solutions. This position has a moderate level of customer interaction and works closely with the support and implementation teams as well as software engineers in resolving issues. Strong communication skills both internally and externally with proper documentation are key to this position.
For more information on our Member Support and Professional Services teams click here .
Current applications submitted will be under consideration for Summer 2021
- Provides superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Assists customers in several aspects of application support including troubleshooting and on-going support.
- Responsible for follow-up with members on Change Requests (CRs) being researched by various support groups.
- Responsible/Assist for email communication with external customers.
- Responsible/Assist for customer voicemails left on support mailbox.
- Responsible/Assist for Enterprise Solutions NISC Community posts.
- Prepares Change Requests (CRs) and follow-up to resolution.
- Follows up with customers on recommended changes or resolutions on CR's waiting on customer response.
- Follow up with Member/Customers on requests and procedures.
- Assists with mass communications to Member/Customers.
- Assists with software release process.
- Gather, maintains and audits Member information in the configuration database.
- Utilizes all support tools as directed.
- Conveys customer feedback to product development staff as appropriate.
- May be called upon to assist in other support areas.
- May be called upon to participate in testing of new product development or enhancements and documentation.
- Assist with contacting customers when QA closed CR's for future release.
- Assist in reviewing system and training documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Experience:
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic knowledge of Service Level Management (SLM) best practices.
- Basic knowledge of the Utility or Telecom industry.
- Familiarity with other integrated applications and services.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and teach others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Disclaimer: Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.