- Oversees all incoming and outgoing work and provides a smooth flow of material to each inspection department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving of parts
- Cursory review of customer purchase order / work order
- Counting of parts
- Visual inspection of parts for shipping damage
- Identify incoming work via stamping, tagging, etc.
- Move parts and travelers to appropriate inspection areas
- Packaging of parts for outgoing shipments
- Create bill of lading, UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex etc.
- Contact customers when jobs are completed
- Provide support as needed to the Customer Service department
- create job packages and conduct associated reviews
- Observe the Corporate Quality Assurance and Quality System policies at all times.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to follow safety regulations.
- HMIS labeling, hazardous material control, and ability to coordinate truck traffic.
- Computer literate with emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents relating to the applicable method.
- High level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Assist in the maintaining of the KAIZEN 6S discipline.
- SORT: Eliminate everything not required for the current work, keeping only the bare essentials.
- STRAIGHTEN: Arrange items in a way that they are easily visible and accessible.
- SHINE: Clean everything and find ways to keep it clean. Make cleaning a part of your everyday work.
- STANDARDIZE: Create rules by which the first 3 S's are maintained.
- SUSTAIN: Keep 5S activities from unraveling
- SAFETY: Eliminate hazards
- Utilize Hi-lo & crane and other material handling equipment
- Ability and willingness to understand all NDT methods.
- Ability to work effectively with others and in a team environment.
- Flexible to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of X-Ray Industries.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.