Candidate must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service. Demonstrate understanding of and a strong personal commitment to reproductive rights, goals, and Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida's principles and philosophies.
Live your passions. Join a powerful group of dedicated professionals who are deeply committed to fighting for reproductive rights and care no matter what. Join the Planned Parenthood Patient Services team.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is looking for the right candidate to fill the role of Centralized Follow Up-Health Center Assistant in our Sarasota Health Center.
- Essential functions encompass the required tasks, duties, and responsibilities performed as part of the job and the reason the job exists.
- Maintain ongoing and appropriate communication with Director of Medical Services, Lead RN, Lead Clinician, CFU RN, and health center staff.
- Assist CFU RN, clinician, and Lead RN and Lead Clinician to provide follow-up services to clients.
- Identify patients that have CT and GC treatments in EHR using templates, PP Follow-Up Plan, and visit summaries
- Send Florida Department of Health, Practitioner Disease Report Form for all positive HIV, GC, CT and RPR to County Health Department in which patient obtained test.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate handouts, notification letter, reminder letters to mail to patients for all referrals and follow-up
- Make second and third contact attempts and send reminder letters within specified time frame for required labs.
- Organize and send appropriate notification letter and fact sheets for second and third contact attempts.
- Make appointments in EPM for patients when necessary.
- Communicate through telephone, Spark, email and tasking in EHR when necessary and when explicitly cited as a part of the centralized follow up process in this document.
- Demonstrated proficiency in EPM and EHR.
- Fax records request to receiving hospitals, doctor’s offices then upload records into EHR and notify clinician consultant.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone. Adhere to affiliate policy for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Provide medically accurate information and give patient notification per PPFA standards, guidelines, protocols, and policies.
- Document during or immediately after each call with accurate and clear information.
- Utilize both virtual and desk computer and PM/EHR.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation in EHR.
- Read patient Visit Summaries, Med Master, Order Module to ensure follow-up notification is accurate and appropriate for individual patient care and follow-up. Task Clinician Consultant, Lead RN or Lead Clinician when update or clarification necessary.
- Task or alert Clinician Consultant, Lead RN or Lead Clinician of possible errors in NextGen, paper logs, faxes, scanning, etc.
- Stamp and address envelopes and prepare for daily mail pickup.
- Check voicemail throughout the day, return appropriate calls, and maintain accurate documentation of patient information for calls RN needs to return.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and supplies of Patient Service Copy Room
- Give faxes of unknown recipient to health center manager for review.
- Document and scan receipt of all “Returned mail.” Verify address on envelope with address in EHR/PM.
- Scan patient documents into charts
- Ensure the accuracy of patient information, use two appropriate identifiers.
- Update patient address and phone numbers in NextGen after identification of patient confirmed.
- Communicate through telephone, instant messaging, email and EMR tasking when necessary and when explicitly cited as a part of the centralized follow up process in this document.
- Demonstrated proficiency in EPM and EHR.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to Quality and Risk Management, the Lead RN and/or Lead Clinician in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPSWCF’s Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Establish an effective working relationship with internal and external customers..
- Notify the appropriate contact person (Lead RN, Lead Clinician, QMRM, and/or health center manager) when issues or problems arise.
- Make sound decisions and demonstrate the ability to handle stressful, sensitive, and/or challenging situations appropriately.
- Accept, learn from and integrate feedback from knowledgeable persons regarding effectiveness of own communications.
- Actively and positively strive to implement the goals of the Centralized Follow-Up Program and support changes.
- Assist all customers in finding answers and/or person appropriate to meet the customer’s needs, whenever possible.
- Train new CFU HCA staff when needed.
- Maintain workstation in a safe condition for self and others. This may include but not limited to adjusting workstation for proper chair height and alignment.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Good at changing tasks and/or direction as needed; adapts to change and new ways of working quickly and easily. Actively learns new methods, procedures or techniques. Takes on assignments as needed to meet the needs of the organization. Can integrate and accept new information and respond with a positive attitude.
- Understands or seeks to understand why groups and individuals do what they do, what they value and how to motivate them; recognizes own biases; treats all with equal respect and fairness; does not give preferential treatment; acts as both a teacher and student to support, teach and learn from one another’s experiences and insights. Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, culture, ages, gender, classes and those differently abled.
- Understands the organization’s services and priorities and collaborates and cooperates with others to get the job done. Values the input and knowledge of other team members, asks for help and offers help when needed. Helps team members learn and develop and assists when they are having difficulty; works with other team members toward a common goal.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida is a non-smoker employer.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.