The Production Supervisor will work closely with Branch Operations Leader to ensure safety, production planning, fleet management, work order accuracy, material management and quality metrics are achieved. You will be responsible for driving safety, developing the branch workforce, achieving branch goals, and successfully delivering modular space solutions to our customers "Ready to Work!"
Headquartered in historic Fell's Point, Baltimore, MD, Williams Scotsman, Inc. is the leading modular building provider for space solutions in the construction, education, energy, industrial, commercial/retail, healthcare, and government markets. We serve approximately 50,000 customers with space solution needs each day, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts business in compliance with all Williams Scotsman Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies.
- Manages employee/vendor health and safety through creating a safer workplace, conducting daily safety meetings, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Ensures operating standards are conducted; supported by robust training and communication actions.
- Production planning- ensure all work orders are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Review of weekly reports with BOL to discuss performance and develop strategies to drive compliance. Proper documentation ensuring labor efficiencies are assessed and accounted for. Assist BOL with capacity planning as required.
- Fleet Readiness- Ensure all off-rents are conducted within 48 hours of return; units returned are thoroughly inspected for work order accuracy and capture any damage billing where appropriate. Relocate idle fleet and conduct work order assessments as required. Conduct fleet physical inventories counts at established periodicities.
- Work Order Management-demonstrate understanding of the Work Order system and the drivers that impact inaccuracies (condition coding), develop strategy to ensure variances are <10>
- Material Management- Order, receive and distribute materials/VAPS to work teams/vendors on a timely basis to support unit completion requirements. Conduct monthly major parts and VAPS in addition to semi-annual minor parts inventory counts.
- Quality- Focus on driving first time quality and reducing <60>
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- HS Diploma/equivalent, college degree preferred (industry experience considered).
- 5-7 years of experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean fundamentals in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office/Outlook
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to create the safest, most cost-effective work environment and exceed customer expectations
Williams Scotsman is an AA/EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled employer