We are seeking outstanding Mechanical and Aerospace Engineer Co-ops to help develop and test industry-leading avionics solutions for the unmanned aerial vehicle industry. Aurora is a highly collaborative environment in which you will work independently and as a member of cohesive cross-functional teams. As such, candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the desire to take on new tasks and learn new techniques.
- Participate in the design, fabrication, integration, and test of UAV avionics systems. Design and procure digital and analog hardware for unmanned aerial vehicle avionics. Conduct testing of avionics components.
- Design Avionics Hardware including avionics mounting shelves and brackets, antenna and lighting installations, creating electronics enclosures, and wire harness design and routing.
- Analyze the avionics hardware installations with respect to stress, fatigue, thermal, vibration, and electrical bonding concerns.
- Manage the flow of avionics components through the design phases, the design reviews, the fabrication phase, the component-level testing, and integration onto the UAV.
- The components involved in a typical UAV are: computers, DC-DC converters, telemetry transmitters and receivers, measurement and control (A/D, D/A, thermocouples, pressure sensors, high-current switching, discrete I/O), GPS receivers, servos and actuators, microcontrollers, and embedded software.
- Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder)
- Pursuing B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Familiarity with avionics and electronic systems is preferred.
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.