Data Center Technician
We are looking for Data Center Technicians to join our rapidly expanding team. This position involves in-depth hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair as well as participating in an on-call rotation.
All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, participate in site-level project work, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space.
All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations
· Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations.
· Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed
· Some travel may be required
Key job responsibilities
Complete troubleshooting and break/fix work utilizing the Boost system and adhering to the expectations of Happy Path therein
Handle break/fix parts with integrity and accuracy
Demonstrate the AWS leadership principals by striving to learn and grow, working with your team and other teams to benefit the customer and increase capacity.
Pay utmost respect to our top tenets of Safety and Security with regard to policy and practice
Contribute to an open dialogue for process and employee experience improvement. Don't be afraid to ask questions or address issues big and small.
Escalate appropriately and swiftly to your leads and management team when needed.
A day in the life
Troubleshoot and complete break/fix tickets throughout your day with a goal to resolve 1 ticket per hour when appropriate.
Communicate with your peers within our team, AZ and globally through internal avenues to find new and more effective troubleshooting paths. Research and ask questions to expand your knowledge and network!
Respond to Sev2 tickets when on-call and complete training with your lead to ensure that you have the knowledge and confidence to respond to emergent issues at your site.
About the team
We strive to create an environment of transparency and open communication within our team and with our local teams. We genuinely care about each other. Spending 40 hours a week with someone can be painful if you can't share a laugh, a lunch or a grumble. We support each other in our career paths in any way possible and collaborate on projects. We work to continuously gather diverse points of view, aren't afraid to challenge one another or teach one another. Our team is only as strong as our weakest member.
· 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
· High school or equivalent diploma
· 1+ year of Computer Hardware experience.
· 1+ years of Computer Networking experience.
· 1+ years of Linux Operating Systems experience.
· 2+ years of Data Center or IT experience
· 2+ years of computer hardware, including troubleshooting and repair skills.
· 2+ years of Perl, Python, Bash, or other scripting languages experience.
· 2+ years of Computer Networking experience.
· 2+ years of Storage Devices experience.
· 2+ years of Linux Operating Systems experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.