Reimagining the way marketing adds value to the business
Retail Marketing is in the midst of a unique transformation. The leadership team has spent the last several months developing a future state organization that will enable us to become a leading marketing company. Driven by core tenets of modern marketing – agile marketing, digital experience, Big Data, customer-centricity, compelling content, and marketing automation – we focused on designing structures and processes that will enable us to achieve new levels of retail growth. We believe that transformation is a movement that requires alignment of team values and mindset to build a cohesive culture across our Marketing teams. Vanguard's Retail Marketing team is conducting a search for a Senior Creative Writing Manager. The Senior Creative Writing Manager will provide leadership and expertise to a team of creative senior writers and editors. This is an extremely exciting time to be joining marketing and we welcome your experience, expertise, and ideas!
In this role, you will:
- Maintains and divulges in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of various industries and of Vanguard products, processes, and/or services to a team of writers and editors.
- Sets priorities to balance workload and adjust resources as necessary.
- Ensures quality control and timely delivery for content produced by a team of writers and editors. May report metrics on quality, productivity, or other related team activities.
- Consults with leaders and subject matter experts regularly on communications and content strategies. Applies advanced subject matter expertise to pitch new ideas and find creative ways to tell Vanguard's story. Utilizes metrics and analytics.
- Expertly presents and “sells“ content and design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensures the success of the strategy.
- Assumes a leadership role on key projects for the department or cross departments that require data analytics and subject matter expertise, including responsive web pages, timely communications, campaigns, visioning, testing, and news.
- Provides creative direction and guidance on messaging and/or content strategy across mediums by working closely and collaboratively with designers, developers, marketing managers, and business leaders. Leads the creation of new approaches or processes with a 1-3 year outlook.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced writers by providing specific feedback on their copy, story ideas, new media formatting, and interviewing skills.
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will heed to this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others within the Corporate Brand space. Are you up for the challenge?
What it takes:
- Minimum five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard does not provide sponsorship for this role.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.“
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.