GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Assist in the management of all aspects of commissary operations and services at assigned correctional facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the management of all aspects of supervising, training, scheduling, hiring and disciplining Full Time and Part-Time commissary staff
- Supervise all aspects of physical on-site commissary delivery , administrative functions, bulk deliveries and local warehousing operations
- Ensure the response to and the resolution of all inmate complaints/grievances within the established 24 hour time frame.
- Perform a weekly audit of high security items and forward information to the Commissary Manager, if applicable.
- Maintain an open relationship and act as a liaison with Department of Corrections and Keefe Commissary Network.
- Assist with conducting required annual on-site security and training classes and maintain facility required training records.
- Ensure all commissary employees know and follow all rules, regulations, security policies and procedures of the correctional facility where they are located
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Drivers License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of KCN Organization and the correctional facility in a professional, upbeat manner.
- Requires strong supervisory skills: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to work in a correctional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Familiarity with inventory management
- Familiarity with computers (including Microsoft Office programs)
- Must pass background checks and drug screening test
- Must pass a correctional facility security clearance and maintain a facility security ID
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.