An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bid Executive to join our Business Development team. ICON is a dynamic, fast-paced and friendly environment that will suit an energetic thinker who has a passion for identifying and managing the tender bid response for web and software development opportunities within ICON's key target sectors.
An academic background in ICT with experience in Business Analysis and/or Technical Writing is necessary.
ICON is an award-winning software development and digital marketing company, with over 18 years’ experience in serving global blue-chip companies within the Travel, BFSI, Retail and Government sector.
Our mission is to help companies leverage technology to:
- improve efficiency,
- increase business growth,
- and ultimately, provide a better experience to their customers.
ICON is a Microsoft Partner and is built on a team of brilliant and highly trained individuals. Its Digital Marketing team is multidisciplinary and contains Google Certified Professionals and highly dedicated resources which work on local and international projects across various industries and sectors. Several of its projects have been hailed as best practices and/or case studies in the digital field.
All our processes are governed by ISO9001:2008.
Why Work at ICON?
ICON is a fast-growing technology company which focuses on international business development in Benelux, France and the United Kingdom.
- ICON is an ISO 9001 accredited company with partner ties to Google and Microsoft. The environment here is charged: intelligent coworkers and projects of great interest.
- The culture is informal. See what it’s like to work here.
- ICON has a well-designed open-plan office overlooking a green area in San Gwann, Malta.
- Free fruit, tea and coffee whenever you want.
- Heavy investment in training and continuous professional development.
- Time to relax in our comfy lounge area or challenge your colleagues to a game of table soccer.
- ICON promotes a healthy work-life benefits and offers numerous family-friendly
- Attractive remuneration with an uncapped commission structure.
Click here to see what it's like working for ICON.
About the Role:
The primary role for this position is to assist in generating new business opportunities within the European market place, through the identification and management of tender bids for web and software services.
- This may include but is not limited to:
- Initial analysis and pre-qualification of new web and software opportunities, utilising pre-defined metrics.
- Analysis of the customer’s brief (or tender document as the case may be) to understand the scope of the services including the potential project risks and challenges which we may face both in the sales stage as well as during the implementation of the project.
- Participate in the initial sales-meetings or online discussions to clarify the functional and non-functional requirements and ensure a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
- Translate and simplify the requirements to ensure a feasible solution can be provided.
- Coordinate with the web and software team to agree on the best technical solution for the customer.
- Prepare a detailed web/software solution proposal (or tender response, as the case may be).
- Coordinate with the Account Management team to plan project delivery dates and contribute to the development of a project Gantt chart.
- Coordinate with the production team to estimate the project effort and plan the commercial proposal accordingly.
- Participate in sales and company meetings.
- Represent ICON at events and conferences – when necessary.
- Protect ICON's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain and update all contact information using the supplied CRM package.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in ICT or Business.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business Analysis and/or Technical Writing.
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple proposals and tasks at a time.
- Own transport or hold a driver's permit.
- One signed, positive reference from a previous employer.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for the following skills:
- A competitive spirit and confidence to handle intellectually challenging tasks.
- Ability to operate effectively within the sales cycle.
- Able to thrive under high pressure and consistently deliver top-quality results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and ethical manner.
- Mission driven: The ability to understand the big picture and easily translate it into objectives and actions.
- Flexible: The ability to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Candidates with French-speaking and writing skills will be considered favourably.