At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of NY/NJ Compliance Manager we will count on you to:
Manage the process by which our pursuits, projects and related activities are performed and documented in such as a way as to ensure our compliance with various ethics and regulatory requirements of doing business in the New York/New Jersey area for all business groups.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate contract reviews with our Legal and pursuit/project teams to ensure completion and document resolution.
- Coordinate and document political contributions requests with our Government Affairs Group.
- Work with our proposal/marketing coordinators to complete proposal pay-to-play forms against the relevant contribution lists from Government Affairs.
- Manage the NYC Client Lobbyist Annual Filing through e-Lobbyist System and NYS Joint Commission Semi-Annual Client Lobbyist Filings through Lobbying Application System. Obtain filing documentation from retained lobbyist(s) and accounting and coordinate reviews with Government Affairs Group prior to submission.
- Maintain NYS Office of the Comptroller online VendRep System account including Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire. Coordinate reviews with Legal prior to certifying submissions.
- Maintain our NYC Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) Procurement and Sourcing Solutions Portal (PASSPort) System online account and associated forms and filings:
- Business Information
- Disclosures - Vendor and Principal Questionnaires
- Doing Business Accountability
- DLS Supply and Service Employment Report (SSER)
- Certificates of Incorporation
- No Change Certifications
- RFx notifications for upcoming City Solicitations, including Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, and Invitations to Bid
- Performance Evaluations – Coordinate and document reviews and dispute responses
- Provide assistance with JV PASSPort accounts.
- Coordinate reviews for NYC and NYS Responsibility and Qualification Questionnaires including MTA Contractor Responsibility and PANYNJ Qualification Questionnaires.
- Coordinate with leadership and NY/NJ advocates.
- Compliance monitoring and document management/record keeping support to Quality & Records Coordinator.
- Coordinate with HR background checks for staff working as staff extension to clients
- Other assignments as required
The above list highlights some of compliance responsibilities to be overseen by the Compliance Manager. However doing business with the governmental entities we work with in all business groups is constantly changing and this role requires staying abreast of those changes and responding to those new requirements.
Keyword(s) Compliance Manager, job #157888, LI-MP1
- A minimum of 10 years of marketing experience with a solid understanding of compliance issues as they relate to doing business in the NY/NJ marketplace is required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead processes/teams to successful completion of responsibilities.
- Four year college degree in a related field is preferred, but degree can be offset by additional related experience.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.