Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
Req Number: 425-20724
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is for coordinating the incoming and outgoing shipment of material. Prepares paperwork and material for shipment and reviews paperwork of incoming material.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. The Shift is from 6am- 4:30 pm Monday - Friday. The Compensation for this position is between $23-26/hr. with Competitive Benefits package after 60 days.
- Coordinates and schedules all outbound loads and coordinates with sales and production.
- Determines proper loading order and placement of product.
- Verifies shipping documents and records any discrepancies.
- Set up all loads to be shipped common carrier with outside freight companies.
- Coordinates routing of orders, and dispatches carrier with orders and appropriate delivery instructions consistent with customer receiving times.
- Ensures all internal/external paperwork meets all Universal as well as DOT regulations and procedures.
- Documents any shortage on orders, investigates reasons for occurrence and informs sales and admin of the shortage.
- Takes and acts upon all calls for tracing and/or expediting orders.
- Maintains proper documentation and records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- May assists loading and unloading material from trucks or carts.
- Prepares various reports and correspondence as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum high school diploma/GED
- Minimum 6 months of experience in shipping and receiving or related area.
- Working knowledge of standard DOT concepts, regulations, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of proper loading techniques, weight limitations, and company procedures.
- Working knowledge of Excel, word and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades and species.
- Successful completion of forklift driver licensing process.
- Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions
- Ability to plan, and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
- Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer, calculator, and telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to frequently get on and off the forklift, and to strap and tie down shipments.
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious and strong
- Team player and goal oriented
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Leads by example and has positive attitude
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Punctual and reliable