Production Mgr Trainee
Req Number: 425-20702
The Production Management Trainee is responsible for developing comprehensive knowledge of plant operations and manufacturing processes.
Works under close direction of the assigned mentor; exercises little discretion and judgment on work priority on a regular basis; and a small degree of creativity is expected.
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of Company products and procedures through on-the-job training activities.
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of panel and lumber grades
- Develops knowledge of lumber math and efficient utilization of materials; develops full understanding of cuts and yields.
- Learns how to operate the Company's business system in order to perform required administrative functions.
- Develops detailed knowledge of product costing.
- Develops understanding of the production scheduling process.
- Develops working knowledge of the budget and expense control process.
- Supervises activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Develops working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, efficiency standards, and safety.
- Develops working knowledge and understanding of Human Resources policies and practices.
- Develops detailed understanding of operations by touring other UFP facilities and customer locations.
- Completes courses and assignments as directed.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel/spreadsheets is required.
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes.
- Ability to recognize value in various products and be able to utilize them in the manufacturing of new products.
- Requires superior analytical, problem solving and engineering skills/aptitude.
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, to meet deadlines, to prepare plans, goals and budgets.
- Ability to be mobile in the work environment, travel as required.
- Ability to use a computer terminal, and proficiency in the use of MS Office and other business related software.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills, and good listener and communicator
- Process oriented
- Eagerness to learn
- Be a team player and support the Company's goals