Crew Leader - Mill
Req Number: 425-20723
The Crew Leader is responsible for coordination of an operating cell/work area and its support services. Assists in the training of employees, and the communication between management and employees. Relies on limited experience and judgment to accomplish goals; little creativity and latitude is expected; works under direct supervision. Position starts at $21.25/hr.
- Ensures work area is running according to schedule; minimizes downtime.
- Ensures work area and equipment are safe and clean.
- Ensures all employees have received adequate machine specific safety training prior to operating equipment.
- Assists scheduling production, balances workloads between teams or work areas, and
- Assist reviewing pre-shift machine inspection sheets and addressing concerns.
- Reviews production sheets and communicated with employees.
- Checks material and finished products to ensure quality and that they meet customer specifications.
- Implements CI principals to improve current processes.
- Conducts Sunrise meetings and monthly safety talks, and provides training to employees.
- Directs activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable law.
- Communicates to employees and other management members as required.
- Leads employees in continuous improvements and safety initiatives.
- Participates in the completion of employee's performance evaluation form.
- Prepares production reports and maintains records as required.
- Ensures work area is in compliance with established safety standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma/GED preferred but not required
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year of experience in related area; 1 to 3 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of production reporting and production scheduling
- Basic working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades, and species
- Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrates ability to handle responsibility and be accountable for actions/decisions
- Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and expectations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
- Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer, calculator, and telephone.
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
- Ability to communicate with employees and manager.
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious and interpersonal skills
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example and has a positive attitude
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and work area results
- Punctual and reliable