Appirio, a Wipro Company helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world’s largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
Brief Summary of Role
- Consult with customers on various approaches to their custom solution including Design and Development methodologies, UI frameworks, platforms and tools.
- Manage a high volume of deals with a variety of industries and functions
- Work with a designer to convert designs and style guide to responsive HTML5/CSS3 screens. Must have a keen design eye to make the designer’s vision come to life.
- Implement Front-End coding into Salesforce and Heroku platforms, working with back-end developers to define service layer API
- Be a thought leader, understand the latest trends and capabilities to implement modern and successful solutions
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers by anticipating customer needs and identifying appropriate solution alternatives
- Act as quality owner of the user interfaces, ensuring what was built matches designs, follows style guides, development best practices and gives the user the intended experience.
- Build and maintain internal assets to accelerate project deliverables while maintaining coding standards and development patterns
- Provide input for RFI and RFP responses, including the effort estimate, project team, timeline, implementation methodology, and solution components
- Strong team player willing to pitch in and do whatever it takes to make our team/customer successful
- Able to successfully use UI design patterns for templatized UI build and maximize reuse
- Skilled in version control, git preferable
- Skilled in Responsive design elements for deployment on mobile devices
- Understand the differences in the browser engines and strength, weaknesses of each browser platform (Chromium, Mozilla etc)
- Develop techniques that lead to better web performance using tools like Grunt and Gulp for image, CSS and JS optimization
- Basic understanding of Mobile Technologies and platforms for deployment on Mobile
- Professional, accountable, enthusiastic, and confident, with a customer focus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain ideas very clearly through verbal, graphic, and written communication
- Understanding of common design patterns, including Material Design
- Photoshop and other design tools
- Expert in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experienced with various content management systems and CMS best practices
- Building Responsive web solutions with CSS/JS
- UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, Native Base and others
- Well versed with accessibility standards
- Travel 10-50% on average
- Experience leading a team and defining/implementing best practices
- Experience with preprocessors (Sass, Less, Jade, etc)
- Experience building Front Ends for mobile applications (iOS Interface Builder, Android UI Designer)
- Experience with Salesforce Visualforce
- Use and understanding of the Heroku development platform
- User Experience analysis, building wireframes and UI design
Education and Required Experience
- Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ yrs related experience
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.