Supervisor, Formulation Development
Supervisor, Formulation Development
Catalent is looking to recruit a Supervisor, Formulation Development for the Madison WI team.
The Supervisor, Formulation Development position requires a variety of formulation and leadership skills necessary for biotech company operations. This role is accountable for delivering formulation results/recommendations to our clients in a timely manner. As a Supervisor, Formulation Development leader, he/she will manage a small group to design and monitor formulation studies, set up timelines, prioritize assays, and monitor group activities.
The Supervisor, Formulation Development position will need to interact with the clients with strong data analysis and interpretation skills. Additionally, this position will support early phase stability studies and forced degradation studies.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, this role is a paramount to ensure that this role aids in providing critical data to support product stability in a timely manner, which ultimately is used to decide on the final process to produce the best product for our clients on time.
- Provides technical leadership in formulation development to support biologics drug substance development at early/later stages. Responsible for the design, execution and delivery of formulation studies for liquid drug substance of biologics, e.g. monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins. Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, timelines and budgets are in place to meet overall project timelines.
- Supervises assigned team’s daily work activities including: workload, ensuring training, general guidance to direct reports and across functional groups, and serves as resource for technical / administrative problems.
- Hires, trains, motivates, leads, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Ensures maintenance of department equipment, including trouble shooting, qualification, calibration and maintenance.
- Ensures target timelines to deliver results are met and data integrity.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Analytical Chemistry, or related field, with minimum of 4 years’ industrial experience in biologics formulation development; or
- M.S./M.A. in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Analytical Chemistry, or related field, with minimum of 6 years’ industrial experience in biologics formulation development; or
- B.S./B.A. in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Analytical Chemistry, or related field, with minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience in biologics formulation development.
- Extensive experience in early stage formulation development for biologics drug substance
- Extensive understanding of drug degradation pathways and design of accelerated stability and pH and excipient screening studies
- Strong biophysical and biochemical protein analytical skills, including HPLC/UPLC, DSC, MFI, CD, and light scattering methods for protein/mAb analysis. Experience with the UNcle system is a plus
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review & feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to other areas of Catalent
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.